Guess who finally learned what fudge is?
That’s right it’s me.
After years of watching How The Grinch Stole Christmas and the holiday cheermeister scene and the Whos shoving different foods down the Grinch’s throat I finally stopped and said what is fudge?
The fact that fudge is a cream candy made of butter, sugar, milk, and usually chocolate. It’s so easy to make.
I had to make some. Luckily a friend of mine had a recipe and was willing to share. Of course she was confused how I never had fudge before.
I’m sure I did as a kid but I didn’t remember.
So we made fudge and watched the Grinch.
And of course I have the recipe.
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips,
- 1 14- oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp caramel topping
- Line an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving the ends hanging over the sides. Be sure to press it down.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and condensed milk. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir. Return to the microwave and heat for an addition 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until smooth when stirred.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and half the walnuts. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread into a single, even layer. Sprinkle with the remaining walnuts.
- Warm the caramel sauce until its of spreading consistency. Drizzle over the fudge. Cover with foil and chill at least 2 hours or until Fudge sets completely.
- When the fudge has set, remove the dish from the refrigerator. Carefully run a butter knife around the edges of the pan to loosen any fudge that is touching the side of the dish. Use the ends of the parchment paper to lift the fudge and place it on a cutting board.
- Cut the fudge into your desired size.