In America Labor Day is the unofficial end of summer.
It’s everyone’s last excuse to barbecue and there’s a whole thing about not wearing white after Labor Day. Idk it’s a lot of nonsense that I don’t pay attention to.
We didn’t babaque or anything but definitely decided to take advantage of the weekend off work.
So kiss summer goodbye and start fall off with a little liquid luck.
Felix Felicis, also called “Liquid Luck,” was a potion from Harry Potter that made the drinker lucky for a while. It’s supposed to be the color of molten gold. I’m still mad that the movies made it a clear liquid.
So I decided to make my own. It’s the perfect blend of fall and summer. And despite the name, it’s non-alcoholic.
But if you wanted to add a little alcohol you can.
- sparkling sugar
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel sauce
- 1 bottle of Martinelli’s Gold Medal Sparkling Cider or whichever sparkling cider you prefer
Measure everything with your hearts
(Optional for 21+ add 1 shot of rum to each drink )
- Pour some of the caramel into a small bowl. Dip the rim of your glasses in the caramel and then into the sparkly sugar.
- pour about 6 oz. of the cider into each of the prepared glasses
- If 21+ also add your shot of rum
- Using a cookie scoop, add ice cream to each glass.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of each drink.
I used Wilton Gold, Silver and White Sugars
Can be found here