This year, I am prepping for Halloween early.
I say that every year, but I mean it this year. I already brought one of my Halloween costumes. That’s right, multiple costumes, and I already have one. I’m not running around like a chicken with its head cut off for me this year. We have 40 days to go, and I’m ready.
I already have Halloween desserts I plan to share with you guys starting the first. I’m still finding fun activities for the kids, and I’ll share those, too.
I want to get into a spooky mood; the best way is to watch movies.
Here’s my list of 31 movies to watch this year based on movies my partner or I haven’t seen, don’t remember watching, or didn’t finish. I’m tired of watching the same film yearly, so let’s mix it up.
1. Practical Magic – How anyone has not seen this is beyond me, but he hasn’t.
2. Trick ‘r Treat – I’ve never heard of this, but apparently, it’s like a highly-rated movie. The little character looks cute, tho.
3. The Birds – a classic that somehow my partner has missed. It was even filmed in California; I have visited the town it was filmed in twice.
4. It’s the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown. – this one hurt my soul when he said he vaguely remembered it being on TV but has no memory of it.
5. Rosemary’s Baby – I joked the new season of American Horror Story was just a Rosemary’s Baby missing the tannis root, and he looked at me like I spoke gibberish, so I added it to the list.
6. House on Haunted Hill -Vincent Price is the master of horror. I have a Vincent Price pin on my jacket, and all this time, my partner thought it was Edgar Allen Poe.
7. The Purge – I’ve never seen any of this series
8. Sleepy Hallow – this one we vaguely remember. I only remember Johnny Depp being hot.
9. Carrie (the original) – I only remember the part with her dress and her mother yelling about it being red.
10. The Blackening– I’m still mad we missed watching this in theaters
11. The Witches (90s version) – We’ve seen this, but it’s time to introduce my niece to this movie since she is reading the book.
12. Pet Sematary (the remake) – I usually avoid watching remakes unless it’s a Disney live-action, so I don’t know how we agreed to watch this.
13. The Thing– is yet another classic that I have never seen.
14. A Quiet Place – I never finished this. I watched the first five minutes and then got distracted or disinterested.
15. Cujo– all I know about this movie is that it is about a dog.
16. Amityville horror– I’ve only seen the remake of this, and it wasn’t horrible, but I heard the original is better.
17. Scream– technically this is like six movies, because I want to watch all of them finally.
18. Frankenstein– my partner never saw this. Not that I blame him. It is black and white and slow, but still fabulous.
19. The Bride of Frankenstein -This man is going to learn about my love for Frankenstein
20. Young Frankenstein– the Puttin’ on the Ritz scene is legendary.
21. Midsommar– I was told I wouldn’t like it when it was in theaters, so I never tried watching it, but Florence Pugh is in it, and I watched Dont Worry Darling, and I’m sure this is a better movie.
22. The Omen- this movie used to haunt me as a child, so I’ve never rewatched it
23. Silence of the Lambs- I saw Hannibal, but not the movie
24. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?- a classic, but I don’t know if this is a scary movie; it is a thriller for its time.
25. Split- the leading actor deserves all of the awards.
26. Only lovers left alive- it’s been on our watchlist on Max forever. All I know is it’s about Tom Hiddleston as a vampire.
27. Psycho- I watched Bates Motel, but I’ve never watched Psycho, which is so funny because I love anything by Hitchcock
These movies are in theaters or they will be coming out soon. I attached the trailer to all of them.
1. Deliver Us– comes out September 29th
2. Totally killer– it comes out Oct 7
3. Five Nights at Freddy’s – comes out on October 27
4. Impuratus– this movie is so confusing. It says it came out in 2022, but it also says it’s coming out this year in November. Who knows