The final day of Blogmas!
I would have posted sooner but yesterday and today was crazy between going to work, getting last-minute presents, and trying to wrap everything before people came over.
Usually, I’m a gift bag type of person, but I tried to live out my Hallmark main character fantasy. I watched two videos on how to wrap presents, and let’s just say I’m going back to gift bags next year.
Wrapping problems aside, last night was so fun. I’m surprised I stayed up until midnight- saying that makes me sound like an old person, but I was just sooo tired. But it was worth it to see everyone’s faces as they opened their gifts.
My boyfriend has wanted a new longboard for a while now. He always talks himself out of buying one because of the price. So I knew it was perfect even though I went over the agreed-upon $50 gift limit we set months earlier. Giving him his gift was the highlight of my day. I don’t know if it was his cute little smile or the fact he just started smothering me in kisses, or the fact he ran outside at midnight to ride it. He was like a little kid it was soo cute.
Since we open presents on the 24th we don’t usually do much on the 25th.
The kids played with their new toys while the adults just at and watched tv. Soul came out on Disney and Wonder Woman premiered on HBO. So we were so busy watching the movies.
When we were done with all the new stuff it was time for a classic. We decided to put on Harry Potter and make our own butter beer.
I tried to convince my family to play a Harry Potter drinking game with me but they were completely against the idea.
Apparently watching Harry Potter which wasn’t even my idea was soo boring. My sister fell asleep during the first movie.
Today was overall fun. the little ones had a great time opening all their gifts.
I’ve had this recipe for butterbeer saved in my notes for a year. This isn’t my usual recipe it’s not even my original recipe. But I don’t remember where I got the original recipe from.
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 bottles (12 oz. bottles) cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.