🍂 Happy Fall, Friends! ✨🍂
Fall is here, so I’m ready to jump into my fall recipes. What better than to start fall with a nice glass of pumpkin juice!!!
- 1-liter apple juice (I like pressed apple juice for this recipe-the thick, almost apple sauce apple juice. You can use apple cider)
- 15oz can of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pice spice (cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg)
- Pour apple juice, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and spices in a blender until all incorporated. I used to hand mix everything, but I feel like when I hand mix, you get an uneven pumpkin taste.
- add honey, measure with your heart
- stick it in the fridge for a bit, then serve
I paired my pumpkin juice with a stoat sandwich.
Stoat sandwiches are one of the many things Hagrid offers Harry, Hermione, and Ron during their visits to his hut.
“Hagrid made them tea and offered them stoat sandwiches, which they refused” (Sorcerer’s Stone 231).
We all know Hagrid isn’t the best cook. He has good intentions but is not overly competent.
I recently found out what stoat is; if you are wondering, it’s a weasel-like animal that used to be super popular in Britain.
Wizard or not, I will certainly have no desire to discover what these cute little guys taste like. I definitely understand why Harry, Ron, and Hermione refused. Being a dumb American, I always imagined a roast beef sandwich.
You can use brioche buns or something fancy, but I feel like Hagrid wouldn’t do anything too fancy. It’s a basic sandwich, but I don’t put mayo on it; I put horseradish sauce.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 pinch of pepper and salt