Happy May the Fourth!!!
I love science fiction and fantasy. I grew up watching Star Trek with my parents and later fell into Dr. Who and Star Wars.
Now I’m not into it enough to get a tattoo for star wars, but it has a special place in my heart.
I’d love to make an elaborate party and have everyone dress up in costumes. I would love to do a couple-costume with my partner. We would be the perfect R2-D2 and C-3PO.
These cookies would be perfect for any Star Wars themed party or a Star Wars fan in your house.
The Wookie Cookie is not a new idea. I’ve seen so many versions of this, and each one is so perfect.
I started with a simple chocolate cookie recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until well combined.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured parchment paper or baking mat. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut dough and press with a fork to make the fur.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before decorating.
- Once cookies are cooled, decorate as desired. I used a piping bag without a tip to pipe Chewbacca’s sash and then added sprinkles.